Bill Bryson Library open to all students for borrowing and study bookings from September

Durham University has announced that the Bill Bryson Library’s ‘Browse and Borrow’ and ‘Stay and Study’ services will be available to all students from Tuesday 1st September.

These services are currently only available to University staff and postgraduate students, but will be opened up to undergraduate students from next Tuesday.

Students will be able to book one of four hour-long time slots to browse and check out books and to study in the library, although only two bookings can be made per week, and booking must be made separately for different services. The Bookdrop service for returning items to the library is currently open to all students and staff.

Booking for the Browse and Borrow service is available Monday-Friday between 10am-3pm.

The Stay and Study service will be available to students and staff between 9:30am-3:30pm from Monday-Friday, and bookings can be made up until 4:30pm.

Bookings will be released for the Browse and Borrow and Stay and Study services every Thursday for the following week, and bookings will be open until the library has reached capacity.

The Bill Bryson Library is also operating a Click and Collect service which allows students and staff to make up to 10 requests per week for items from the library. Currently, this service is only available to academic staff and postgraduate students. 

The Scan and Deliver service, which allows library users to request an article or chapter to be scanned from items that are not currently on loan, is also currently only open to staff and postgraduate students.

Library users will be required to wear a face covering at all times when using the library. 

Bookings for library services can be found here.