Durham University acquires temporary study space at Hotel Indigo

Durham University has obtained additional study spaces at the Hotel Indigo, situated on Old Elvet, for a temporary basis.

The Council Room will have 18 study spaces available to all Durham University students for individual study and is open 8am-10pm, seven days a week.

The study space currently acts on a drop-in basis with no time restrictions; however, this is set to change in the coming weeks to a booking on basis with specific timeslots.

Students must scan the QR code for NHS Test and Trace when visiting the Council Room and are expected to adhere to all the current health and safety measures that are currently implemented across current study spaces in the University. This includes wearing a face mask, unless exempt or while sat at the study space.

The space will be monitored throughout the day by hotel staff.

Each study space has access to a power point and WiFi is made available by the hotel specifically for the Council Room, and these details are accessible to students when they visit.

Hotel Indigo’s café, Tinderbox, will also be available to students studying in the Council Room. Their selection of snacks and hot and cold drinks can be consumed at individual desks.

There has been no notification of how long the Council Room will be made available to students for.

Image: Robert Cutts via Flicker