Vice-Chancellor to hold Town Hall meeting for all students in June

The University has announced that the Vice-Chancellor and senior members of the Executive will hold a Town Hall meeting over Zoom on 9 June 2021.

The meeting is scheduled for 9.30 am and will finish at 10.30 am. All students are welcome to attend and ask any questions they may have for the Vice-Chancellor or the University Executive.

This is the second meeting taking place in the Town Hall which will allow students to have their questions answered by senior leaders of the University. Similar meetings between University staff and the Executive take place regularly in the Town Hall, with three more meetings being scheduled before the summer holidays.

At the previous Town Hall meeting, the University’s plan for expansion was discussed, as well as concerns surrounding Brexit for EU students at Durham.

Durham University recently appointed a new Vice-Chancellor, Professor Karen O’Brien, who will start her role on 4th January 2022.

Current Vice-Chancellor, Professor Stuart Corbridge is set to retire on 31st July this year. Current Deputy Vice-Chancellor and Provost, Professor Antony Long, will take up the position of interim Vice-Chancellor in between those dates.

Professor O’Brien, who is currently Head of the Humanities Division and Professor in the Faculty of English at the University of Oxford, is Durham’s first female Vice-Chancellor.

Registration for the Town Hall meeting can be completed through an online form at this link.

Image: David M. Gary