St. Chad’s students organise Valentine’s fundraiser

On 13th February, three students from St. Chad’s College organised a concert, held over Zoom, that has so far raised over £450 for Age UK – County Durham

The concert, named ‘Valentine’s Sessions’, featured a mix of over 25 students and alumni from St. Chad’s, singing their favourite romantic songs and duets. A group number containing all of the students who participated in the concert will be released in the coming weeks. 

The event was run by Caitlin Barratt, Manon Jones and Viveck Desai, and the recording is now on YouTube. 

Caitlin Barratt told Palatinate: “It’s been a great way for us to come together to spread the care for Valentine’s day. Age UK – County Durham, is doing a fantastic job of taking care of all those who need it, and we’re proud to be supporting such a fantastic cause.”

This event is just one of four fundraising schemes that students of St. Chad’s have organised since the beginning of 2021. In January, the St. Chad’s – John’s College Rugby Club completed the ‘North Pole Run,’ a pledge to run 3732 miles in January alone. This scheme raised over £4000 for the Durham Food Bank. 

Since the beginning of the academic year, St. Chad’s students have raised £7417.95 for charitable organisations.