Mary’s student missing

euan

Euan Coulthard, a second year Law student at St. Mary’s College, has been missing since the early hours of this morning.

Police say Euan was last seen “just after midnight leaving Love Shack, in the Walkergate area of the city, alone.”

Students have been encouraged to contact the police on 101 if they have any information on his whereabouts.

The student has been described as 5 foot 9 and of average build. He has light brown hair, and is thought to have been wearing a patterned shirt, denim jacket, and brown shoes the last time he was seen.

According to a police statement: “Euan, who is from Nottingham, left his home in the city on Wednesday 14th January and later went for a meal at the Spaghettata restaurant in Saddler Street to celebrate a 21st birthday with friends.

“He was last seen just after midnight leaving Love Shack, in the Walkergate area of the city, alone.

“Euan has failed to respond to texts, emails and messages on Facebook that friends have sent him and they say this is completely out of character.”

Simon Hackett, the principal at St. Mary’s, has alerted students of Euan’s disappearance: “This is a very worrying situation, but there could be all kinds of explanations and we hope the situation will be resolved positively and quickly.

“In the meantime, if you have any information that might help, please get in touch with me.”

Insp Dave Coxon said in a statement: “We have serious concerns for Euan’s welfare as there has been no trace of him since the early hours of this morning. He hasn’t responded to any attempts to contact him and his phone has not been traced.

“If anyone has seen him since then, or if they saw a young man matching his description in Durham on last night I would ask them to contact us as soon as possible on 101.”

Photograph: Durham Constabulary