Updates: Search for Euan Coulthard

search

More than 150 students met this morning to help find missing Mary’s second year, Euan Coulthard.

Friends of Euan and other students met on Crossgate at 8am to staff the search.

Students were divided up into ten groups. Each group was posted to a different area of the city, including Maiden Castle, Market Square, and the areas on both sides of the river, to look down every side street and alley.

Euan’s friends who organised the search told students to “search for as long as you can.”

Police had previously stated that Euan was last seen “just after midnight leaving Loveshack, in the Walkergate area of the city, alone.”

However, a leader of the search this morning told students it is now believed that Euan was last seen between 1am and 1.30am on Thursday morning at Al Falafel Takeaway on Claypath, where he purchased two small pizzas.

Students were told to look out for two abandoned pizza boxes, as well as an abandoned phones, shoes, and watch.

euanleaflet

Euan was described as wearing a denim jacket, a beige patterned shirt, skinny jeans, and brown boat shoes on the night in question. He owned a blackberry curve mobile telephone.Euan poster image

Police have released CCTV of Euan walking across Framwellgate Bridge in Durham at 23:56 on Wednesday night. Police say Euan’s phone turned off 5 minutes after the footage was taken.

euan

Mountain rescue, police and the fire service are assisting in the search for the student. Posters are being put up all around the city.

Euan shop poster

A Facebook page has been set up and #findeuan is trending on Twitter.

A police-led search is taking place this afternoon from 1300 from the Terrace, St Mary’s College.

Ray Hudson, the acting Vice Chancellor, said in a statement: “We are extremely concerned for Euan’s safety and are working closely with the police to locate Euan. Searches are ongoing and we are very grateful to those students and staff who are taking part in the search.”

If you have any information of Euan’s whereabouts, please ring the police on 101.

Photograph: Tabitha Roberts, , Durham Police