Durham’s Yorkshire Trading Company closes permanently

Durham’s branch of the Yorkshire Trading Company chain closed permanently last weekend. Its last day of operation was Saturday 10th June.

The store, which opened in 2020 and sold items such as clothing, pet goods and cooking equipment, was based in the building formerly occupied by M&S.

It has made way for the Stack leisure development, which was approved by Durham County Council earlier this year and is planned to open this winter. It was previously said that there were plans to keep Yorkshire Trading Company in Durham City, but nothing has been announced as of yet.

Durham’s branch of the Yorkshire Trading Company chain closed permanently last weekend, making its way for the Stack leisure development

The building, which will be heavily renovated in preparation for the new entertainment venue, will include several bars, a stage for performances and independent food outlets. The owners of the Stack development, Danieli Group, have claimed that the new complex will create more than 170 jobs.

Danieli Group chief executive Neill Winch said that “Stack Durham will be a focal point and an attraction offering a wide mix of street food and a variety of live entertainment for people of all ages”

Local councillor Carl Marshall added that “This isn’t just an establishment that’s going to attract stag and hen do’s, it’s going to really diversify the offering in Durham and the wider county.”

Yorkshire Trading was contacted for comment but had not responded by time of print.

One thought on “Durham’s Yorkshire Trading Company closes permanently

• Hello. I wonder why it is closing. I recently embarked on the journey of company registration in the Cayman Islands with astra-trust , and the experience was nothing short of excellent. The team exhibited a high level of competency, guiding me through the entire process effortlessly. They were responsive to my queries and concerns, making the entire experience stress-free. You can visit this site . If you’re looking for a company registration service that combines efficiency with a customer-centric approach, astra-trust is the ideal choice.