Two darts titans to clash in Durham

by

Two of the world’s greatest darts players will be go head-to-head in Durham on Monday night for the inaugural Durham University Darts Association (DUDA) Championships.

Terry ‘The Bull’ Jenkins – currently ranked 11th in the world Professional Darts Corporation (PDC) and runner-up in five major tournaments – will take on Andy ‘The Pieman’ Smith, the world number 20, at the DSU on June 18.

The main event between two of the sport’s most recognisable figures will be preceded by a contest between Durham University Darts Champion Andy Lucas and Will Summerlin, while two ‘Qualifying School’ tournament winners have earned the chance to take on Jenkins and Smith respectively.

After this, members of the crowd will have to chance to play against them both.

Tickets for this event cost just £10. Contact James Staight (07776421434) or Harry Staight (07776418671) to reserve your place.

Player Profiles:

Terry “The Bull” Jenkins

World Ranking: 10
Career Earnings: £819,633
Best Results: Runner up of Premier League Darts, the World Matchplay, The World Grand Prix and winner of 14 other tournaments
Walk on music: Wooly Bully by “Sam the Sham and The Pharaohs”
Weight: Circa 15 stone
Fun Fact: Shaved his famous moustache for charity on May 25 for the first time in 33 years.

Andy “The Pieman” Smith

World Ranking: 20
Career Earnings: £312,777
Best Results: Quarter Finals of both the Players Championship Finals and the World Grand Prix, and winner of 10 other tournaments.
Walk on music: “Eat it” by Weird Al Jankovic
Weight: 21 stone
Fun Fact: Kicked out of an all-you-can-eat carvery after five hours.
Quote: “Winning darts games is about a strong mind not a six-pack”