Staff member reported missing in Scotland

Daniel Bennett, 43, a software developer at the Centre of Evaluation and Monitoring (CEM) at Durham University, has been reported as missing by police after walking in Scotland at the weekend.

daniel bennett

Daniel was last seen in Green Welly Stop, Tyndrum, just before midday on Saturday 21st March. He was believed to have been walking in the hills  around this area at the weekend. Daniel has not made contact with his friends or family since then.

Police have described Daniel as 5ft 8 inches tall, with short brown hair and blue eyes. He is thought to have been carrying a grey and green rucksack.

Chief Inspector Lynn Ratcliff said: “Daniel is an experienced hill walker and is always properly equipped, however the length of time he has been away without making contact with anyone is becoming increasingly concerning.

“We are working very closely with the Mountain Rescue Team, who are professionally trained and equipped for such searches, and are currently carrying out various lines of enquiry to help us trace him.”

Professor Ray Hudson, Acting Vice-Chancellor and Warden, sent an email to students this afternoon informing them of Bennett’s disappearance.

Anyone with information is asked to contact Police Scotland on 101.

Photograph: Police Scotland