Loveshack set for return at new Durham location

By Clara Gaspar

Loveshack has officially announced that the club will open a new venue in Durham.

August saw the abrupt closure of Loveshack’s previous nightclub in the Durham Walkergate complex, leaving many wondering when the nightclub would relocate.

In a post on Facebook last year, the company announced the closure of Loveshack, and its sister location, My House.

“It is with a heavy heart that we are writing to inform you that Loveshack and My House are now closed. We are in the process of selling the business and would like to thank all team members for their efforts and enthusiasm over the years.

“Looking forward, we wish the new owners the best of luck for the future.

“Finally, we would like to personally thank all our team members and customers for a fantastic and memorable 10 years.”

Although the company hosts a weekly Sports night at Durham Students’ Union on Wednesday, many are pleased to see the return of their popular Saturday night event.

Loveshack posted numerous teasers over the weekend advertising the new event, which will take place on Saturday, 3rd February.

Their Facebook event has promised a “brand new Saturday night’” with a “brand new venue”, a “brand new route”, and a “brand new vibe”.

The new event will also feature an “All-Weather outdoor terrace” as well as “VIP tables” and “Guest DJs and Events”.

Although the specifics of the new location have not yet been announced, one of Loveshack’s representatives told Chronicle Live that the new venue is not in Walkergate.

“It isn’t in the Walkergate complex or North Road but is still in a central city centre location.

“It has two floors of different music and a great outside terrace area. It will be retaining a few of the more popular aspects of Loveshack but with a few new twists.”

In the meantime, Loveshack promise “more announcements next week” on their Facebook page.

Photograph: Gary Allman via Flickr