Law and Social Sciences in global top 50

The Times Higher Education World University for 2019 has placed University faculties such as Law and Social Sciences within the top 50 in the recent global subject rankings.

The reveal that Law is 42nd following from last year’s 51st place.

Social Science subjects including Geography, Sociology and Government and International Affairs now place at 45 on the rankings.

“I am extremely proud that Durham’s subjects continue to improve”

Education remains in the World Top 100, having retained 51st place in the rankings.

The ranking system is devised to judge ‘research-intensive universities’ across various parameters including: ‘teaching, research, knowledge transfer and international outlook’.

To ensure independent and balanced judgement, PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) audit the calculations of the rankings.

Professor Tim Clark, Pro-Vice- Chancellor for Social Sciences & Health, at Durham University, states:

“I am extremely proud that Durham’s subjects continue to improve and are ranked among the very best in the world.”

“The latest league table results build upon our continued success in world subject and demonstrate the value to students of a Durham University education by recognising our strengths in key areas such as research and teaching.

Earlier this year Durham achieved a record number of subjects in the QS World University Subject 2018 with nine in the World Top 50 and a further seven in the World Top 100.

“The latest league table results build upon our continued success.”

Photograph: