Freedom of Informations reveal sum of donations made to the University and sum of library fines

Freedom of Informations recently requested by Palatinate have revealed the total sum of donations made to the University in the last academic year, as well as the total sum of library fines over the last two academic years.

9088369528_afa78796a4_z-3

Over 3,000 individuals have donated gifts to Durham University over the last year, accumulating a sum of over £1,000,000, with the remainder of the sum predominantly coming from charitable trusts and commercial organisations. This income was mainly spent on teaching, closely followed by infrastructure and research.

Palatinate also found out that the total amount of money collected from library fines among the University’s library service has fallen over the last three academic years from over £150,000 in 2012/13 to just over £80,000 in the current academic year. It is believed that this money helps generate library development.

The University also released details of cases where disciplinary action was taken against students.

The number of disciplinary cases at the University has remained low over the last four years. Cheating in exams is the most common cause of disciplinary action, followed by cases of misconduct. Only 6 cases of plagiarism in assignments warranted disciplinary action, all resulting in the individual being expelled.

Photograph:

3 thoughts on “Freedom of Informations reveal sum of donations made to the University and sum of library fines