Durham Women FC confirm new partnership with the Plastic Furniture Company

The North-East firm ‘the Plastic Furniture Company’ will become the Durham Women FC’s official sleeve sponsor for the 2021/22 FA Women’s Championship season. Their logos will be proudly displayed on their first-team home shirts throughout the campaign.

Based in Gateshead, the Plastic Furniture Company supplies sustainable and long-lasting outdoor furniture for a variety of industries.

All of their products are produced in the North-East and shipped across the country to a number of high-profile customers. 

With a focus on sustainability, the company is a major user of waste plastic. They ensure that the plastic recycled by the general public is put to good use, creating a range of products from benches to bins and planters to storage units.

The company also produces a range of 100% recycled products, which they supply to schools, sports clubs, and a host of businesses.

The firm will now be working alongside Durham Women in the 2021/22 season. It is hoped that this will help encourage the public to keep recycling so that further steps in reusing waste plastic can be taken by the industry.

Commenting on the new partnership, Plastic Furniture Company owner Patrick Connolly said: “I’m delighted to be able to help the club – and hopefully this is just the start of a bigger relationship.

“My daughter’s played football going back ten years, and it’s wonderful to see Durham doing so well as an independent club.

“They had such a good season last year and hopefully they can have an even better one this season.”

Durham Women manager Lee Sanders added: “As a club, it’s really humbling to have companies come to us and show a real interest in what we’re doing and how the club has grown over the years – and who really show a keen interest in wanting to get involved with us.

“Patrick, his family, and his businesses have done that and we’re really looking forward to how we can work with the Plastic Furniture Company this season, and how we can hopefully build on that moving forward.

“They have shown a real keen interest in female sport and particularly football and as the profile and interest in the game grows, companies like the Plastic Furniture Company will play a huge part in that growth.”

Image: Durham Women FC