Durham University’s MBA 2nd in UK, says The Economist

Durham Business School’s MBA (Master of Business Administration) has ranked 2nd in the UK, according to The Economist’s ‘Which MBA? Ranking 2021’. 

Durham’s MBA came 37th out of the 90 listed and was placed in the top 40 for the first time in history

In the world ranking, Durham’s MBA came 37th out of the 90 listed and was placed in the top 40 for the first time in history. This is a significant increase of 21 places from the last ranking in 2019, when it came 58th

Professor Julie Hodges, Associate Dean of the MBA programme, said that this shows “the high quality and relevance of the Durham MBA in today’s global marketplace. It continues to develop as a world class programme which combines academic excellence with professional development”.

Professor Susan Hart, Executive Dean, added that the demonstrate “the School’s dedication to providing progressive, challenging and transformative approaches to business education and research.”

In the UK, it was outranked only by the University of Warwick’s Business School which placed 17th in the world

The considered quality of faculty, facilities, salaries of graduates and career services, and Durham ranked especially highly regarding the diversity of recruiters. 

The Economist noted that despite Covid-19 and the resulting limitations to practical courses, MBA courses have flourished in many top institutions.

Image: Durham University’s Business School