Councillor Victoria Ashfield of City of Durham Parish Council with Tom Maskell of ZMOVE and Alice Wilkes of Durham Markets Company.

Durham Market Hall launches its first online shop

Durham Market Hall has launched its first online shop. Goods will be delivered by ZMOVE, a North East based zero-emissions delivery firm. 

Shoppers who live within a five mile radius of the Market Hall now have access to many familiar products online. Fruit, vegetables, local beers, coffee, cheeses, homewares, jewellery and rugs that are sold in the Market are all available for delivery.

The managing Director of Durham Markets, Colin Wilks, is enthusiastic about the venture. “Durham Markets has been serving people in Durham for nearly 170 years; it’s vital that we continue to evolve to meet our customers’ needs and our new delivery service is an exciting next step for us”, he commented. 

“You’ll soon get used to seeing the distinctive green bikes and electric cars heading out from the Market Hall.”

Colin Wilks, Managing director of Durham Markets

Nick Mason of ZMOVE was “thrilled” to partner with Durham Markets Company. “You can’t always get to the shops when you want to, making delivery really useful. 

“We at ZMOVE want to ensure that our delivery service does not impact the environment so have developed a zero-emissions offer using electric bikes and cars.”

Deliveries will initially take place on Tuesdays and Saturdays. Orders need to be placed by 3pm the day before. A £5 delivery fee applies, and there is a minimum spend of £20.

The five-mile delivery radius of the Market Hall includes customers in places as such as Chester le Street, Langley Park and High Pittington.  

City of Durham Parish Council has supported the project.

Find Durham Market Hall’s online shop on their new website.

Image: Durham Markets Company. Councillor Victoria Ashfield of City of Durham Parish Council with Tom Maskell of ZMOVE and Alice Wilkes of Durham Markets Company.