University libraries and study spaces to remain open with reduced hours over lockdown

Durham University has announced that the Bill Bryson Library and the Teaching and Learning Centre will remain open during the current lockdown, but with reduced opening hours and services.

The Bill Bryson Library will be open for essential use from 9am-6pm on the 9th and 10th January. From Monday 11th January it will only be open Monday-Friday 9am-8pm.

Students will still be required to pre-book slots for study spaces and disability support study rooms and to browse and borrow via the Space Bookings system.

The Teaching and Learning Centre will also be open every day 9am-8pm from Monday 11th January and students will be able to book individual study spaces for essential use. Household slots will no longer be available.

Face coverings are required, except for those exempt, at all times in both buildings, even when students are sitting at desks.

All other University study spaces, including the International Study Centre at Queen’s Campus, Stockton will remain closed, but some colleges may provide additional study spaces for liver-in students.

University staff and PGR students will also have access to the Barker Research Library and Oriental Museum for pre-booked essential research sessions.

Image: Durham University