President’s column: applications for next year’s president open

womens lax 2s
Be a part of one of the most vibrant sports scenes at any university

Team Durham president applications are now open!  Are you interested in sports management and development?  Would you like to represent the student body for the University ranked 2nd in BUCS?  Would you like to assist with the running of the largest college sport programme in the UK?

The role of Team Durham President gives you an insight into sport from a business perspective whilst allowing you to continue playing sport at university.  You will learn the financial skills needed to manage the Athletic Union budget, preparing you for work in any business environment.

Team Durham provide numerous leadership development opportunities such as training forums with the Royal Navy and the army in addition to enhancing your management skills through working with students, staff, sponsors, parents and alumni. As president, you will be assigned a Durham alumni mentor who will guide you through your year in office, assisting with decision making and job applications.

The president oversees the Athletic Union publicity through the Team Durham website, social media sites and printed publications, thus providing you with relevant marketing and journalism experience.

For more information on what the role entails or the application process, please contact at sports.union@durham.ac.uk.

Photograph: Caspian James