Klute set to reopen in time for freshers’ week

The nightclub, Klute, has announced that they are preparing to re-open on Sunday 27th September.

The announcement comes after months of speculation surrounding freshers’ week and the nightlife awaiting Durham students upon their return in September. 

In a Facebook post they stated that “Table bookings will be taken”, though there is no news yet on how this booking system will operate. It is assumed that reservations will be hard to come by given the vast popularity of the club. 

However, some have questioned whether they will be keen on a seated Klute experience. Isobel Bremner, from John Snow College, commented that “sitting at a table in Klute will be a very very strange experience, far too civilised”. 

“sitting at a table in Klute will be a very very strange experience, far too civilised”

– Isobel Bremner, John Snow College

Lucy Potts, from Josephine Butler College, took a different stance. She commented that the news “made my day.” For many there was a sense that even a seated Klute experience is better than no Klute at all. 

This news is set to bring some reassurance to returning students that Durham nightlife will retain a tinge of normalcy, and that incoming freshers will be able to experience the nightclub, which was previously voted the worst night club in Europe. 

In a further Facebook post yesterday, Klute also announced it is hiring new members of staff.

Image: Klute via Facebook

One thought on “Klute set to reopen in time for freshers’ week

• Sweet memories 💓. Unfortunately the novelty wore off after week 7.