Indigo Editor’s Blog – 731

by Rachel Aroesti & Hannah Shaddock

A new term, a new year, and, most importantly, a new-look indigo. We love the redesign, and hope you do too.

It’s only fitting that the first issue of term be dedicated to all you Freshers, which is why we bring you an exclusive behind-the-scenes look at the making of new student comedy, Fresh Meat. We hope you enjoy your first ever indigo experience, and we promise (unlike JP) we’ll still love you in the morning.

Now that the excitement of Freshers’ Week is over, don’t despair – check out new our feature, the indigo diary, for some tips on what to see and do in our fair city, as well as a playlist of songs hand-picked by our esteemed Music Editors to be the soundtrack to your first few weeks.

So that’s what you can expect from indigo this issue. But what to expect of Durham? Well, here are our predictions…

1. You will spend more hours in Klute than you will in the library. In fact, you may not be able to locate the building for at least another year.

2. You will acquire a whole fancy-dress outfit from other people’s discarded items on the Studio dance floor.

3. You won’t be able to stop yourself from using words like ‘lash’, ‘shlad’ and ‘banter’, however much you mock other people for it.

4. You will attend at least some meals in your pyjamas.

5. You will go to a lecture hungover and not remember a word of it as you were too busy trying very hard not to be sick.

So much to look forward to, right?