Festive meals available at St Mary’s College for all students over winter break

Students remaining in Durham over the winter break will be able to book lunch at St Mary’s College dining hall throughout the holiday period.

From Sunday 13th December to Saturday 9th January hot meals will be available for both livers-in and livers-out from all colleges. The meals will cost £3 each which is payable at the servery counter via card payment.

A Christmas menu will be available on 24th, 25th and 26th December and will include crackers, hats and festive music.

Students will be able to book individual lunches via the Durham University resource Booking App (Power Apps) up to 48 hours in advance, preferably within their households. Cancellations are possible via the app, but 48 hours’ notice is required.

Mealtimes will be extended to run from 12:00 to 14:30 and capacity will be limited in order to ensure social distancing. To make time for necessary sanitising and cleaning in between booking slots, students are reminded to arrive promptly and will be given a 40 minute slot to eat their meal.

Those with special dietary requirements will be able to specify their needs at the point of booking.

Self-isolating students

Provisions are also available for livers-in who are required to self-isolate during the winter break. Students will be able to order meal boxes for collection from their college receptions.

Students will receive a breakfast items, a packed lunch and a reheatable dinner, priced at £8 per day. Food boxes can be requested via an online booking form which will require recipients to enter information about their dietary requirements and the duration of their isolation period. More information regarding timings is available on the booking form.

Self-catered students and livers-out are encouraged to plan ahead to ensure they have adequate food supplies and booking supermarket delivery slots well in advance is advised.

Morrisons have a dedicated student phone line. Callers will need to compile a shopping list online beforehand and will receive orders the next day.

If students are unable to access this service or any other delivery slots the University has a limited number of emergency Morrisons food boxes which cost £30 each. These can be requested by emailing catering.self-isolation@durham.ac.uk and detailing: name, room number, household, college, reception address and choice of box (5 for 4, vegan or gluten-free).