“Come Dine With Me” plans new series based in North East

The popular Channel 4 cooking series Come Dine With Me has announced it plans to film a new season in the North East area.

The show had previously halted filming due to COVID-19, but has since restarted the process after the lifting of lockdown restrictions. To get around issues of social distancing and the illegality of visiting houses, the new series will be set in one collective house, with guests taking turns to host.

This new setup means that only criteria for appearing on the show is that you are over 18 and not working or trained as a professional chef. Previous series required each guest to have a house capable of hosting a full film crew, meaning students were frequetly unable to enter.

“Following the success of previous episodes in the North East we are back looking for hosts to create the recipe for success.”

-Sasha Risner, Casting Producer

The prize for the guest who hosts the best dinner party is £1000.

Sasha Risner, the casting producer for the show, noted the popularity of past episodes in this area: “Following the success of previous episodes in the North East we are back looking for hosts to create the recipe for success. We are looking for keen cooks with bags of energy and who are up for the challenge of winning £1,000!”

More information about the new season can be found here.

Image: Getty Images