5 Ways to Celebrate Pancake Day in Durham

Some of us have only just managed to recover after the sugar-high of Valentine’s day. However, for those who could still use some syrupy goodness, fear not; Pancake Day is here, and with it come many opportunities to satisfy those cravings! With its many cafés and eateries, Durham is going to be a breakfast-lover’s paradise this Tuesday, and if you’re looking to make the most of it, here are some ways to pamper your sweet tooth:

1. The Pancake Café

The Pancake Café at Crossgate are doing a Pancake Day special, and with their endless savoury and sweet options, you’d be really missing out if you didn’t take the opportunity. Grab some friends and try to secure a seat between lectures; they aren’t taking bookings, so strategise accordingly!

The Pancake Café at Crossgate are doing a Pancake Day special

1. Flat White Kitchen

What better way to spend this day than at a Durham classic? Flat White do some fabulous pancakes, so head on over and order a stack with a nice hot cuppa, why don’t you?

a Durham classic

1. Bill’s

Bill’s do some delicious buttermilk pancakes, as well as an array of other brunch items, perfect for an adequate pancake day. With their fluffy goodness, you’ll be left satisfied; add a hot chocolate to your order for an extra treat!

Bill’s do some delicious buttermilk pancakes

1. Revolution’s Bottomless Brunch

If you’re looking for a slightly more expensive affair, Revolution is doing a Pancake Day special event in a similar fashion to their other Bottomless Brunches. Pay £25 to book a two-hour slot for yourself and some friends, and enjoy a lavish break from your summatives with some pancakes and Prosecco!

Revolution is doing a Pancake Day special event in a similar fashion to their other Bottomless Brunches

1. Waffley Good Company

Although they’re usually closed on Tuesdays, this hidden gem of a waffle house will be open for Pancake Day, 11am-3pm! If pancakes aren’t your thing, and you’d prefer a crepe or a waffle instead, Waffley Good Company have a varied selection of savoury and sweet concoctions. The best part is, if you can’t choose, go for a half and half! They have limited seating space however, so make sure you plan your Pancake Day accordingly.

The best part is, if you can’t choose, go for a half and half!

With such amazing breakfast options to choose from, Durham students will be spoilt for choice this March 5th. So, whether you’ll be purchasing some pancake mix from Tesco or booking a brunch slot at Revs, you won’t have any excuses to miss out. Happy Pancake Day, and happy brunching!

Photograph by Free-Photos on Pixabay

One thought on “5 Ways to Celebrate Pancake Day in Durham