Updated resit plans revealed for continuing students

Following the end of UCU’s Marking and Assessment Boycott, several emails have been sent to students advising that they will receive their results on Monday 13th November.

Pro-Vice-Chancellor Tony Fawcett sent a following email yesterday regarding resits for continuing students that have failed any modules upon receiving their results. It has been revealed that resits will take place before the end of January 2024 with departments scheduling these around assignments.

Combined Honours, Liberal Arts and Natural Sciences students have been told that there will be an additional check by directors of those programmes in order to ensure that students aren’t overloaded.

Professor Fawcett continued to state in the email that marking for these resits will be completed by the end of Epiphany Term (March). Due to the circumstances, students who are required to resit will be able to take their 2023/24 exams as usual during the exam period of May and June.

While unlikely, the email then explained that if you fail to progress at the end of the academic year after undertaking all assignments, fees and accommodation expenses will be refunded.

The email then advised that further information on resits will be provided after results are published.

Pro-Vice-Chancellor Tony Fawcett has stated that students who fail any modules following the release of results will be taking their resit exams before the end of January 2024, with departments scheduling these around assignments

Professor Fawcett stated in his email to students: “I understand that for some of you the last few months have been challenging and that you are entering your next year of study without your results from the last academic year.

“I am sorry that we have not yet been able to return all marks, but plans have been developed so that you can continue with your studies this year and complete degrees, as planned.”

Links for students who require support during these unfortunate times were provided at the end of the email as Mr. Fawcett assured students that “staff are there to help you, so please do get in touch if you need support.”

Support contacts included the College Student Support team, access to the University’s specialist services, and the department’s Student Support staff for any issues affecting studies.