Reasons to be excited

Clubbing? Drinking? Not really. As an avid foodie, what I’ve missed most over the last year has been the experience of going out to eat with all your friends. Of course, now we can sit outside in the less than appealing weather and eat our slightly cold food, but what I really miss is dressing up with my friends to go to a fancy rooftop restaurant totally out of our budgets. Or, just grabbing a quick lunch with a friend you haven’t seen in a long time.

one of the first things I will be doing once the pandemic is over is booking my flights back home to Romania.

I think that food is not only delicious, but it also brings people together. Lots of first dates happen over food, and so do other celebrations of many kinds. Also, if you go somewhere new or exciting, you won’t be forgetting the experience any time soon. Not to mention, my love of food has brought me to different places around the world.

what I really miss is dressing up with my friends to go to a fancy rooftop restaurant totally out of our budgets.

Holidays are another thing I cannot wait for; I miss going to Italy for their pizza and France for their snails. In fact, one of the first things I will be doing once the pandemic is over is booking my flights back home to Romania to enjoy my grandmother’s traditional cooking. Many people, like myself, haven’t been able to see their loved ones for over a year and, sadly, some family members have lived alone throughout the pandemic, especially the elderly. It breaks my heart to think of my grandma having no one to support her through the pandemic and being so far away from any of us. I’m sure many people reading this will feel the same, and I know lots of us will be most looking forward to seeing their families again. I hope things go back to normal very soon so that we can finally experience life, and food, in all its glory!

Photo: Free-Photos via Pixabay