Home Bargains open biggest store in the North East in Gilesgate

Home Bargains, one of the biggest chains of discount retailers in the country, have opened a brand new store at Dragonville Retail Park, Damson Way, Gilesgate.

The store, which opened at 8am on Saturday 18th November, is the largest Home Bargains branch in the North East, boasting a café, garden centre, and an in-store bakery, in addition to the stores’ usual offerings.

With over 500 nationwide stores, Home Bargains offers customers a wide variety of products at affordable prices. These range from home essentials, such as cleaning products, toiletries, and DIY equipment, which can often be picked up for pence, to luxury items in their confectionary and home décor collections, making it a popular shopping destination for stocking fillers over the Christmas period.

“In recent years the market for fresh baked goods in the UK has grown significantly”

HOME BARGAINS SPOKESPERSON

The opening of a bakery at the new Gilesgate store comes as part of a company-wide plan to open bakeries in over 64 Home Bargains stores.

In July, a Home Bargains spokesperson commented: “In recent years the market for fresh baked goods in the UK has grown significantly and the bakeries we have introduced at stores nationwide have allowed customers to enjoy our competitively priced fresh bakery range.

“We are looking forward to introducing more bakeries in stores as we roll out our fresh bakery range for customers across the UK to enjoy.”

Customers of the Gilesgate store will find a selection of baked goods, ranging in price from 49p for a chocolate hazelnut croissant, to £1.25 for a five pack of tiger rolls, as well as baguettes, croissants, sausage rolls and cinnamon whirls among many other offerings.

Outside of the main store, the garden centre offers plant pots, compost and gravel, and as part of their current seasonal range, Christmas trees.

In addition, for customers in need of refreshment, the café provides both hot and cold sandwiches, cakes, and a selection of beverages.

The first Home Bargains store opened in Liverpool in 1976 as a family-run business dedicated to providing high quality products at low prices. Since then, it has maintained its commitment to low prices, expanded to employ over 22,000 people, and has remained a family-run business.

Home Bargains at Dragonville Retail Park is open from Monday to Saturday, 8am-8pm, and Sundays, 11am-5pm.