Former Klute doorman Dominic Cummings launches new Durham-based political party

Dominic Cummings outlined his political vision for the future, and his plans to form a party to supersede the Conservatives in the next general election, at the Durham Union on 5th June.

He formed People’s Action Ltd based at Bede House in Belmont – a short walk from Gilesgate Tesco – on 24th September 2023, according to Companies House, which also lists Dominic Cummings as the sole director.

Palatinate understands that People’s Action Ltd aspires to become politically active after the election which Mr Cummings said, “might be the best chance since the 1850s to get rid of the Tory Party” in his Union address. The Electoral Commission have confirmed to Palatinate that they have not received an application for the People’s Action Party, and that there would not be enough time to register the party before the general election in July.

Palatinate understands that People’s Action Ltd aspires to become politically active after the election

With this party, he intends to address the “huge decline in the quality of officials over the last 40- 50 years”. He draws similarities between his party’s plans and the governing party of Singapore – which shared a name with his company’s registration – which Mr Cummings has frequently expressed admiration for. However, he has also referred to his potential party as being called the ‘Startup Party’.

The country is well known for its authoritarian structure but has a reputation for an efficient and competent civil service. “We should be doing what he [Lee Kuan Yew, the founder of modern Singapore did […] he took extreme talent incredibly seriously”, making the civil service “extremely friendly to the most able”, akin to how Silicon Valley startups work.

The other priority for his new party concerns immigration – to prioritise “high skilled” over “low skilled” immigration

The other priority for his new party concerns immigration – to prioritise “high skilled” over “low skilled” immigration – and investing in science, technology and infrastructure.

He also sees Reform UK as “an anti-immigration pressure group” and that Nigel Farage is a “communicator” not an “intellectual” with no aims to solve the type of governmental disfunction which he would address.

This could suggest that the People’s Action Party will style itself as a contender for government in the aftermath of Conservative devastation.

Durham residents might find their city home to another institution in the shape of a People’s Action Party Headquarters, as Cummings continues to express his interest in buying the Klute building for this purpose, first tweeting about it when the club shutdown, and later confirming at the Union.

Image: Pexels

One thought on “Former Klute doorman Dominic Cummings launches new Durham-based political party

• Coastal Collision Inc. was a lifesaver after my car accident. Their team handled everything with my insurance company, which made the process so much easier for me. The repair work was top-notch, and my car looks fantastic. I’m grateful for their excellent service and would recommend them to anyone in need of collision repair services. https://coastalcollisioninc.com/