Durham University rises to highest ever position in latest world rankings

Durham UniversityBy

Durham University has obtained its highest ever position in the QS World University rankings.

The University, which rose more than 30 places, is ranked 61st place in the prestigious international league table.

This position marks Durham’s highest ever international ranking since becoming a world top 100 University in 2010.

The QS World University combine academic reputation, employer reputation, the ratio of academic staff to students, citations per faculty and the ratios of international staff and students of universities worldwide to formulate its league table.

Durham ranked in 44th for Arts and Humanities, and also attained top 100 finishes in Natural Sciences (57th), and Social Sciences and Management (86th).

Durham also rose over 40 places to 54th in the ‘citation per faculty category’ which reflects the University’s research influence among global academic communities by measuring how often other researchers make reference to its research work.

Additionally, Durham was ranked 31st for the international demand and quality of its graduates.

Durham University Vice Chancellor Professor Stuart Corbridge said: “Our new league table position reflects the fact that Durham deserves to be ranked so highly and is a credit to everyone at the University in helping us to achieve this outstanding result.

“I am particularly proud and pleased that we have scored highly in terms of citations, demonstrating the impact and influence of our research amongst the global academic community.

“I’m also delighted that once again the world-class experience we offer to students has been recognised by leading employers who value the quality and strength of our graduates”

Durham is also one of the worlds top 100 Universities according to the Times Higher Education Reputation Review 2015, as well as being ranked as one of the UK’s top 5 universities by the Complete University Guide.

To see the QS World in full, click here.

Photograph:

14 thoughts on “Durham University rises to highest ever position in latest world rankings