Academic timetables to be personalised next academic year

The University has announced that the timetabling system will change for the 2021/22 academic year to become personalised by using the website MyTimetable.

MyTimetable will include personalised timetables for all taught undergraduate and postgarduate students and teaching staff.

The new system will be available from 7 June 2021 for staff and from mid-September 2021 for students. Students will need to register for the MyTimetable website, which will then allow them to see their personalised timetables once their modules have been approved.

“You have told us that accessing your timetable is one of the major pain points for you as students.”

-Durham University

For students, the website will give an at-a-glance view of all lectures and seminars of their degree, including if they are studying several subjects as part of joint honour or combined honours programmes. Lecturers will be able to see the locations and times of all the classes they are teaching.

The current timetabling system has been subject to some criticism due to its more complicated nature, as the University cites student feedback: “You have told us that accessing your timetable is one of the major pain points for you as students.” This has prompted the change to MyTimetable to simplify this task according to the University.

Until this year, creating a timetable involved verifying times and locations of teaching for individual modules to construct an overall timetable for the respective degree.

MyTimetable is one of the most popular timetable publication sites and is used by a number of British and international universities.

Image: Alex Peace via Flickr

One thought on “Academic timetables to be personalised next academic year

• It’s good to know Durham has finally learned what a computer is