The Queen: a climate change activist in the making?

This week, the Queen has been using her position to criticise the lack of meaningful government action on climate change — well, indirectly at least. 

At the opening of the Welsh government, the Queen was overheard speaking to a Parliament officer about how “irritating” it is when international governments “talk, but they don’t do” when it comes to the pressing matter of saving the world from climate change. It’s hardly an impassioned political rant like we see from climate change activist groups like Extinction Rebellion, but it is certainly the most direct that the Queen has made about an issue in decades. 

The context of this conversation was regarding the Queen’s apparent disdain at the lack of commitment international leaders seem to be making to attend the upcoming COP26 climate summit in Glasgow. Many of the largest carbon-emitting countries have yet to return their RSVP for the event, including the Russian President Vladimir Putin, Chinese President Xi Jinping, and Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi, to name a few; and the Queen is not happy. This is abundantly evident from the conversation footage.

It is incredibly poignant that the Queen has spoken out about the imperative for politicians to take action

It is unusual, perhaps even unheard of, for the Queen to contribute her two-penneth on political issues such as these, but desperate times call for desperate measures. Her stance on the summit is less surprising, however, given her longstanding commitment to international relations in the form of her connections and support to the Commonwealth countries — that were, of course, former states of the British Empire.

Even though the history of the creation of the Commonwealth is problematic at best, the Queen has arguably dedicated her reign to promoting this international cooperation and improving the lives of the peoples of these countries. Given that many Commonwealth countries are located in Africa or the Caribbean, they are particularly vulnerable to the climatic consequences of the Earth’s warming atmosphere, which explains the Queen’s heightened awareness of the imperative to sort out the politics of climate change. 

That, and with recent reports from the Environment Agency that the UK is woefully ill-equipped to deal with the prospect of both increasingly bad flooding and drought events, shows that we all need to take this seriously. As the figurehead of the nation, I believe it is incredibly poignant that the Queen has spoken out about the imperative for politicians to take action on climate change now – whether she meant for it to be in the public domain, or not.

Measured action is a family trait – and the issue of climate change is no exception

As with many aspects of the monarchy, measured action is a family trait – and the issue of climate change is no exception to this unspoken rule. Next up: Prince Charles, who has been a longstanding advocate for taking climate change seriously (even if his Aston Martin fuelled by ‘spare English wine’ is a little on the funny side). Like his mother, the Prince of Wales believes that the COP26 summit is the world’s “last chance saloon” to solve the problem of global climate change, though unlike his mother, he has commented on the inaction of politicians more overtly.

And now even Prince William has taken up the baton of advocating for action on climate change, with his recent announcement of the Earthshot prize delivered by the Royal Foundation. Not only that, but the Duke of Cambridge went for the international political jugular in a recent interview, when he criticised the so-called billionaire space race of late, saying “We need some of the world’s greatest brains and minds fixed on trying to repair this planet, not trying to find the next place to go and live.”

What a refreshing change to see the royal family uniting their efforts, and their powerful voice, to advocate for the vitality of the COP26 summit — when the Queen talks, people listen. Even if that is through overhearing her conversation.

One thought on “The Queen: a climate change activist in the making?

• What Prince Charles and Company,do not get,is that Renewables in Africa,will not solve the carbon issue.The capacity to pay a carbon tax,capacity to pay a higher renewables tarriff, ideological acceptance of a lifestyle shange, due to carbon – is a prime product,primed for the US and EU.

Africa is ALSO,not the playground,to experiment with renewables – as the power grid and power matrix,is primitive – and what works in Africa,MAY NOT work in the 1st world.

Bio diesel is also not the solution – these are all minor incremental arbitrage opportunities.

The ONLY VIABLE solution is to REDUCE POWER DEMAND for Manufacturing and Consumers. That will happen by crashing manufacturing – which can happen only BY COVID.The world has tried fiscal,monetary,licensing …… and other policies,and all have failed.

The only way to lower CONSUMER DEMAND FOR POWER,is to keep the users at home,reduce their spending power,place curbs on movement,make them work from home and SHIFT POWER DEMAND FROM CORPORATIONS MANAGEMENT operatins,TO POWER DEMAND from workers and users,IN “WORK FROM HOME” mode on the web.

BOTH THE MODELS HAVE BEEN TESTED IN COVID.

IN 18 MONTHS OF COVID – CORPORATE PROFITS ARE AT ALL TIME HIGH ! OIL IS HIGHER THAN IN THE PRE-COVID PERIOD.COAL IS AT A DECADE HIGH !

AND THE PEOPLE IN THE 3 RD WORLD (WHOLE OF SOUTH ASIA/EAST ASIA/WEST ASIA/ CENTRAL ASIA),WHO WERE IN MISERY – AND ARE STILL IN MISERY – AND ARE INNURED,TO ALL OF THE ABOVE.THEY WERE SLAVES BEFORE – AND DID NOT KNOW IT – COVID HAS PROVED IT – AND THEY STILL DO NOT KNOW IT.

THE 3 RD WORLD IS DEFINED,NOT IN TERMS OF PER CAPITA.IT IS DEFINED, IN TERMS OF INTELLECTUAL ILLUMINATION. THE HUMANS OF THE 3 RD WORLD, WERE ZOMBIES IN THE PRE-COVID PERIOD,AND ARE STILL IN THE SAME STATE. THE 3RD WORLD GOVTTS, SUPPORT THE COVID – AS THEY HAVE NOW ACQUIRED COMPLETE MIND-BODY CONTROL OF THEIR HUMAN POPULATION.

IT IS ONLY IN THE US AND EU,THAT THE PEOPLE HAVE AWOKEN – BUT THEY HAVE NO CRITICAL MASS.

SO THE COVID PIPELINE WILL KEEP FLOWING,AND NOW,THE STATES OF THE WORLD WILL ROLL OUT ROBOTS,IN MOST HUMAN INTERFACE ACTIVITIES – AND MAKE HUMANS OBSOLETE,IN ALL MANUFACTURING (IN THE 1ST WORLD).

IN REALITY,THERE IS NO JUDGMENT OR INTUITION IN HUMANS – AS ALL THE IDEATION AND ACTIONS OF HUMANS,ARE BASED ON THE RESERVOIR OF SENSE PERCEPTION OR THE EMPITRICAL DATABASE OF HUMAN EXPERIENCES. RATIONAL THOUGHT IS ALSO A FOOLISH CONCEPT – AS IT IS BASED ON EMPIRICAL DATABASES IN THE BRAIN, OF A SYNTHESIS OF RULES,NORMS AND TAUTOLOGIES, “EXPERIENCED BY HUMANS OVER TIME”.IT IS ALL A ROBOTIC EXPERIENCE.THERE IS NO SENTIENCE – AND THE SENTIENCE IS A THOUGHT CREATED BY HUMANS,WHO REALISE THAT THE “HUMANS” AROUND THEM ARE ROBOTS ! IT MAKES THEM SENTIENTS FEEL GOOD !

IN OTHER WORDS,ALL THE BOOKS ON THE WEB AND LIBRARIES,ARE NO MORE THAN THE AGGREGATE OF HUMAN EXPERIENCES – ACTUATED,PERCEIVED OR IMAGINED.HENCE.THEY ARE NOT AND THERE ARE NO PRIORIS – AS THE WORD “PRIORI” IS A HUMAN CREATION – AND MAY JUST BE NONSENSE.

HENCE,THE TIME HAS COME TO REPLACE THE “SO CALLED HUMANS” BY HUMANOIDS AND ROBOTS – AND THAT IS THE ULTIMATE PURPOSE OF THE COVID VALUE CHAIN,OF WHICH THE COVID SARS,IS THE 1ST STEP.

WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF KEEPING 1.5 BILLION INDIANS, NEPALIS AND THE INDIAN DERIVATIVES IN INDON-ASS-EAH,KHMER,SOUTH VIETNAM , NEPAL ? WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF THE EXISTENCE OF THESE SPECIES ? WHAT HAVE THEY ACHIEVED IN THE LAST 10000 YEARS,AND HOW CAN THEY JUSTIFY THEIR EXISTENCE ?

THIS IS NOT EUGENCICS – IT IS EVOLUTION ! THE TOOLS BEING USED IN THE 1ST WORLD, TO VAX AND QUARANTINE ITS PEOPLE,ARE JUST THE WESTERN MEDIA RIDICULED MAXIMS OF UNCLE MAO AND UNCLE STALIN.

SO WHAT IS THE NATURAL WAY ? IS IT MARXISM OR WESTERN STYLE DEMOCRACY AND CAPITALISM

80% OF THE 1ST WORLD,WILL BE HAPPY TO RECEIVE A DOLE FROM THE STATE,DRINK BEER,EAT SUSHI AND SUN BATHE – AND GIVE UP SOME FREEDOMS OR ALL FREEDOMS !

THAT IS THE COVID TRUTH ! dindooohindoo