Students to receive all examination marks in November

Durham University students can expect to receive all examination and assessment marks in November 2023.

A letter to all students from Pro-Vice-Chancellor for Education, Professor Tony Fawcett, announced that finalists will receive final marks and degree awards on 6th November, and returning students on 13th November.

The key dates can be found below:

For finalists:

Thursday 21st September 2023: results from the resit period will be published.

Thursday 12th October 2023: exam and assessment marks will be confirmed.

Monday 6th November 2023: final marks and degree awards will be published. Degree parchments will be released in the weeks after finalists receive their degree awards.

All students can expect to have received their final mark outcomes by mid November

For continuing students:

Friday 22nd September 2023: results from the resit period will be published.

Thursday 19th October 2023: exam and assessment marks will be confirmed.

Monday 13th November 2023: students will receive final mark outcomes. Students who need to resit examinations will be contacted after this date by their academic departments.

Staff have been told that all marks must be submitted by 12th October for finalists, and 19th October for returning students, to ensure that the Board of Examiners can verify marks before they are publicised.

A letter to staff explained that: “We are doing our utmost to ensure that we balance the increasingly urgent need of students for their marks with the need to manage the workload of staff returning to marking.”

Students who need to resit examinations after the publication of results in November will be contacted by their departments, and the University assures that “additional support will be available” for those in this situation. In the “unlikely” event that the student fails to progress, the University will “refund fees and accommodation expenses for the academic year.”

One thought on “Students to receive all examination marks in November

• Great NEWS! ABOUT TIME