Second Durham Restaurant Week returns after Covid-19

The second Durham Restaurant Week has been announced as it returns for the first time after Covid-19. The week which will run between Saturday the 28th of January and Saturday the 4th of February aims to give people a “taste of what Durham city has to offer” and to get out of their “January blues”.  

Organised by Durham BID, restaurants like Nudo Sushi Box, Turtle Bay and Zapatista are getting involved in the week. It hopes to entice old and new customers to eat out in Durham with a range of deals on food and drinks. 

Participating venues have put together £10, £15, £20 and £25 menus to allow customers to try out places they would not necessarily have tried. To take advantage of these deals customers must choose the restaurant week menus. 

The second Durham Restaurant Week … aims to give people a “taste of what Durham city has to offer” and to get out of their “January blues”.

On their website Durham restaurant week said “Foodies across the North East can enjoy a taste of what Durham city has to offer with the first-ever Durham Restaurant Week”. 

BID Manager Paul Howard said: “The city has an amazing food and drink scene with lots of independents as well as big-name restaurants.

“From Turkish cuisine to tapas, to Mexican burritos and Japanese flavours, the city has a strong culinary offering that people can sink their teeth into. Whether it’s visiting their favourite place or trying something new, customers can enjoy dining out at bargain prices during the week.”

Emma Wright, Marketing and Events at Durham BID, echoed the excitement saying,  “Whether it’s a lunchtime bite to eat or organising a night out with friends or family, Durham Restaurant Week promises to offer a tasty experience for all.

“Durham BID successfully held a Restaurant Week in 2019 which was organised by a former management team. As a new BID team, we decided to bring back the event post covid – and we are hopeful we can build Restaurant Week into our events calendar year on year.”