PalatiDates: “She is elegant but wild”

Cameron, who studies Geophysics and Geology at Castle met Millie, an Archaeologist who is also at Castle, for a Zoom blind date.

Cameron on Millie

What were your first impressions of your date?

The date was incredible. Anyone who knows me, knows that although confident in a lot of walks of life, when it comes to love, relationships and dating, I’m very shy; hence opting to go on a Palatidate. What a match I got! A beautiful mutual friend who I am not going to lie I had quite a serious crush on for a while.

What did you talk about?

Everything form Neolithic burial structures to the morality of modern day billionaires.

If your date was a Durham night out, which would they be?

Not a Durham club, but a College ball. Probably June Ball. She is elegant but wild.

How do you think your date would describe you?

A quiet individual, who prefers to listen over talking. Not your archetypal Durham boy. Middle of the road looks but a huge heart.

Any awkward moments?

The dreaded Zoom buffering, resulting in retelling about a minute’s worth of story.

Would you meet up in person?

Totally!!

Marks out of 10?

10

Millie on Cameron

Very nice, I already knew him.

What did you talk about?

Archaeology and rowing.

A night in the Undie.

Bubbly, loud and funny.

Any awkward moments?

We already knew eachother so it was slightly awkward as we were now in a date situation. The date got cut off when my housemate hit her head in the kitchen and needed assistance! Other than that it was chill.

Would you meet up in person?

Marks out of 10?

6

Interested in a PalatiDate? Fill in our form at https://forms.gle/CzEUh7q9bZQwBNE39 or email the PalatiDates team at palatidates@palatinate.org.uk