PalatiDates: He would be “Klute (but not in a bad way)”

Immy, an English Literature student from Van Mildert, and Henry, a Maths student from Castle, talk future aspirations, dogs and High Wycombe on a Zoom blind date!

Immy on Henry

First impressions?

Seemed like a really lovely and genuine guy. Easy to get on with from the start – which was great!

What did you talk about?

Oh, pretty much anything and everything – our degrees, mutual friends, aspirations, what each of us wanted in the future, home life, our backgrounds and general interests.

Who was the first to join the call?

I think they were the first? Although they were not set up yet and I was, but at least they didn’t want to keep me waiting!

If they were a Durham night out, which one would they be?

Klute (but not in a bad way). They were familiar and fun but also not too much effort. Ended up being better than I expected.

How would they describe you?

Hopefully as open and easy to get on with, the conversation flowed easily and we were both laughing so I hope they thought I was good fun.

How would you describe them?

A kind and straightforward person, funny and light-hearted.

What was the most surprising thing about them?

That we had quite a few mutual friends or acquaintances (especially when discussing the dreaded topic of exes).

Any awkward moments?

No, not many (apart from having to get up for toilet/drink breaks).

Would you meet up in person, Covid guidelines permitting?

We have each other on Facebook, however I am not sure that we would meet in person, unless our paths crossed accidentally.

Marks out of 10?

7

Henry on Immy

First impressions?

She looked great and had a cosy living room backdrop so it was a good first impression.

What did you talk about?

We chatted for ages! Dogs, dissertations, High Wycombe, mutual friends and life beyond Covid-19.

Who was the first to join the call?

I joined at 8pm sharp in a half-dressed panic running across the house, so I’m glad I had a couple minutes to put myself together before she arrived!!

She seemed very trendy and possibly a bit out of my league so I’d say Players Wednesdays.

How would they describe you?

Oh no… Hopefully not too self-obsessed!

How would you describe them?

She’s funny, easy-going and great fun to chat to! Credit goes to her that conversation with me didn’t get awkward!

The amount of mutual friends we had across Durham, this place is too small!!

Any awkward moments?

At one point I could hear her siblings and her dog in the background which gave a good excuse for a drinks break and for her to show me her dog!

Yes, it was a great evening and she’s lovely but I probably wouldn’t follow it up by the time it would be possible to meet

Marks out of 10?

8

Interested in a PalatiDate? Click here to fill out our form or email the PalatiDates team at palatidates@palatinate.org.uk