Morsels of love

Wanna spread the love? These easy to make chocolate bites are the best gift to make for that special someone, your family or all your friends! And easy to customise as well! You can throw virtually anything in these for a nice filling!

Makes approx. 14-20 morsels (depending on how big it’s cut)

Ingredients:

• 2 milk chocolate bars
  • 2 white chocolate bars
  • liquid red food colouring
  • Oreo thins
  • caramel
  • pink chocolate pieces

Materials:

• Microwave/heat safe bowl
  • pot (optional)
  • parchment paper
  • spatula
  • Tupperware (freezer safe)
  • freezer
  • knife

Method:

1. Start with the milk chocolate and melt it down in the bowl. Either slowly melt in the microwave by putting it in at 5-10 second intervals and slowly stirring until liquid. OR heat a safe bowl on top of a pot with water. Boil the water and let the steam melt the chocolate, stirring until all melted.

2. Prepare the Tupperware with the parchment paper completely covering it (including up the edges).

3. Once melted, pour into Tupperware.

4. Put Oreos in a bag and crumble them. Add into the melted milk chocolate, but do not stir.

5. Place in the freezer for 30 min.

6. Melt caramel according to the package.

7. Take hardened chocolate out of the freezer.

8. Pour a layer of caramel on top.

9. Repeat step 1 with the white or pink chocolate. If using white chocolate, melt half into one bowl. Take a small amount of red food colouring on a toothpick or fork and spread it around to make a marbled red food colouring sparingly. In the other bowl, add the other melted chocolate and add food colouring and mix until the mixture is a shade of pink of your preference. Then pour the two into the tupperware and softly mix until marbled to your desire.

10. Pick up the Tupperware and softly bang against the hard surface to evenly spread the chocolate and get rid of air bubbles.

11. Place in the freezer for 6 hours.

12. Take chocolate out and place in microwave for 30 seconds, so soften slightly.

13. Remove from the Tupperware and place it on a cutting board.

14. Heat up a knife in hot water and then use it to cut down to the size desired.

15. Wrap up and they’re ready to be shared!

Note: White chocolate was not used in the one pictured. It fell on the floor. Don’t drop it on the floor. I melted down little pink chocolate dots instead, They were initially supposed to be used like hundred and thousands!

Image Credit: Emerson Shams (pictures), Adeline Zhao (illustration)