Modi’s Hindu Nationalism Gamble Threatens Free Speech and Democracy

India’s democracy is facing some immense challenges.  As a developing country India is at a crossroads between the socio-cultural, linguistic, religious, caste and class divides and the growing educated middle class emerging from economic development.  To make matters more complicated India has a federalist political system which is notoriously slow and corrupt and the source of much discontent.  In response to these tremendous challenges Prime Minister Modi has undertaken a form of Hindu nationalism to try and unify India, but his gamble does not seem to be working.

The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) calls itself the people’s party of India, but are better known as a Hindu nationalist party.  The brand of Hindu nationalism is dark strand of aggrandising nationalism.  Hindu nationalism using brute force to enforce silence and assert hegemony is a far cry from the democratic nationalism that spurred India’s independence movement. The democratic nationalism of Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi was a movement of anti-colonial struggle, but central to Ghandi’s movement was the principles of tolerance, accommodation, secularism and negotiating differences.  BJP Hindu nationalism is flirting with fascism and could endanger the development of India. The BJP have orchestrated a climate whereby if you do not align with their views you are seen as anti-Indian. Even though Modi’s approval ratings have been dropping they are still twice as high as leader of the opposition, Rahul Ghandi.  Ghandi’s leadership of the congress has been weak which damaging the long-term prospects of democracy. In addition to weak opposition the BJP’s demonising tactics of liberals and social democrats has been effective in weakening pluralism.

This is further seen in the BJP’s treatment of students, institutions, lawyers and journalists that dissent against the government.  The BJP have whipped up a storm of ‘nationalist hysteria’ in particular relation to the use of colonial era sedition laws used to persecute university students.  These students’, similar age to ourselves, only crime is being ‘anti-national.’  The latest arrests were in the prestigious Jawaharlal Nehru University that has strong UK ties to the Universities of Oxford and The London School of Economics. The case was tainted with police brutality, the beating of the accused by government cronies and the use of fake evidence.  Nehru University has a long tradition of critical thinking, dissent, scholarship and debate, but its freedom of thought is under attack.  Other institutions the Government have attacked include the Pune Film Institute, University of Baroda and the Aligarh Muslim University among other places.  Surely national unification should not come at the cost of free speech and debate.  The attack of Aligarh University is even more suspicious as it was over the rumours that the university served beef in the canteen. It is an example of Hindu vs. Muslim tensions that have not been addressed by the BJP that feels India is ‘Hindustan’ and has no place for minorities.  It is deeply embarrassing for India.

BJP has been too busy battling free speech and bolstering its image that it has put vital economic and political reform on the backbench.  The BJP has been obstructionist to tax reform that would benefit all Indians and add 2% to growth.  It is an ugly compromise where the BJP would rather appease individual heads of state rather than a tax reform that has been desperately needed to reduce economic inefficiency. The BJP are afraid to reform, but not afraid to pursue an even more dangerous route of nationalism and oppression of free speech.  Prime Minster Modi has also been criticised in the handling of Caste riots in BJP ruled Haryana, Kashmir and inability to deal with the rape endemic in India.

The future of political and economic development in India is at risk. Rather than pursuing the enemy within approach the BJP needs to change its nationalist rhetoric in favour of reducing political stagnation and solving domestic ethnic tensions.

Photograph: Republic of Korea via Flickr

3 thoughts on “Modi’s Hindu Nationalism Gamble Threatens Free Speech and Democracy

• What about the Kashmir Genocide ?

The Ruling political dispensation of India (Hindoosthan) is a front of the RSS (a quasi wanna be Nazi party).The RSS in its documented history and intellectual posits has admired and co-opted and co-owned Hitler – not merely as a Role Model – but as a Kalki Avatar – or an Avatar of Vishnoo – the Hindoo God !

The SS part of the RSS is a lift from the Nazi SS and the “R” stands for “Rats”

The RSS is infested by the vermins of the Brahmin/Bania/Kayastha triad – which represent the priestly and trading classes of Hindoosthan who never fought a war for their nation – but incited the same and also carried out the largest unknown genocide in History – that of the Buddhists

The Bhagwad Gita JUSTIFIES genocide, w/o remorse,guilt and WITH DIVINE SANCTION.The Indian Military and Para Military,is a race of criminal mercenaries called Kshatriyas – who were the offspring of rapes by the Huns,Mongols,Sakas, Scythians,Persians, Parthinians,Greeks 1500-2000 years ago.They were discarded by their races and interbred and were treated as outcastes for centuries – until the Brahmins co-opted them as criminal mass murderers (around 1000 years ago) – and who are now in Kashmir !

Nazis are on record JUSTIFYING their actions based on the thesis of the Bhagwad Gita explained in this note.

History Records that the Nazis were ALSO inspired by the Gita, per se

https://dindooohindoo.page.tl/Nazis-and-Gita.htm

Why the “Nazis and Hitler and Himmler”, love the Gita

“Dindoo Hindoo Bindoo Gandoos” consider “Hitler to be a Vishnoo Avatar”

When Krishna the Bhagvat was fed up rying to explain to “Arjuna the – why he “needed to exterminate his foes” – this was the “last attempt” in the 18th Chapter of the Gita – the logic is as under :

Lumen Naturale 1 – There are “5 precedents to sense-perception and action”

मूल श्लोकः
    शरीरवाङ्मनोभिर्यत्कर्म प्रारभते नरः।
    न्याय्यं वा विपरीतं वा पञ्चैते तस्य हेतवः।।18.15।।

18.14 The locus as also the agent, the different kinds of organs, the many and distinct activities, and, the “divine is here the fifth”.

Lumen Naturale 2 – There “5 are causes of all action” and are “independent of the mind and body dualism” of Descartes and “also the Soul “!

मूल श्लोकः
    यस्य नाहंकृतो भावो बुद्धिर्यस्य न लिप्यते।
    हत्वापि स इमाँल्लोकान्न हन्ति न निबध्यते।।18.17।।

18.15 For whatever action a man undertakes by his body, speech and mind, whether right or wrong,i.e., enjoined or forbidden by the Sastras, “the following five”, are its causes:

Lumen Naturale 3 – Hence,you can “kill,murder and rape” – provided it is done with “no ego and no feelings “- for it is the “Act of the Divine” ! Just like the Nazis ! “Heil Krishna,the Bhagwat “!

मूल श्लोकः
    अधिष्ठानं तथा कर्ता करणं च पृथग्विधम्।
    विविधाश्च पृथक्चेष्टा दैवं चैवात्र पञ्चमम्।।18.14।।

18.17 He who has not the “feeling of egoism”, whose intellect is not tainted, he does not kill, nor does he become bound-“even by killing these creatures” !

• The Kashmir Genocide

dindooohindoo

Y the evisceral hate of the Kashmiris by the Hindoos ? They are not Indians by DNA,Race or Religion. Is it the white skin complex or the fact that the ancestors of the Kashmiris pillaged Hindoosthan and also raped/ravished Hindoo women and destroyed Satanic Hindoo Temples and Idols ?

What is wrong with destroying Hindoo Temples and Idols or bombing them ? It was done by Moses,Abraham,Jesus,John the Baptist ,Prophet of Islam,Gobind Singh etc.Ghazni and his tribes just followed the path of the prophets !

And what is wrong with raping Hindoo women (wives of Brahmins/ Banias etc.)? Hindoo Gods raped Hindoo women and wives of Brahmins all the time ! In reality – the Mughals fertilised the Indian race and created a new race – one which the Indians consider to be a martial hindoo race.

Y is there a lack of intellectual defense among Islamists of the so called ravishing of the Hindoo Frigid Vaginas by the Mongols, Afghans and Mughals ?

It is what they deserved ! The Hindoo Gods created Brahmins just to rape their wives ! The best practice model was that the Brahmin used to meditate in the forests and be celibates – inspite of having beautiful wives !

The vile of the Brahmin was that he used his wife as bait to tempt the Gods to rape his wife – and then cursed the Gods – with a pardon contingent upon on a boon of writing some scriptures and limited morrtality !

Is there more evil in this cosmos ? The Empirical and Theological proof is given below :

Sage Atri – As Shiva,Indra and Vishnu , “raped his wife Anasuya”
    Sage Gautama – As Indra “raped his wife Ahilya”, by stealth he said the following from the Skanda PuranaV.iii.136.2-16
    O beautiful la dy of uncensured features, resort to me, the king of Devas, “Sport about with me”.
    What will you do with this Brahmana “who has become lean and emaciated”, due to his “over- zealousness for purity and conventional rites and austerities” and Vedic studies
    Lord Rama’s father – His wife had “sex with a horse and 11 Brahmins”, to make Lord Rama
    Lord Rama’s Story – “Vishnu raped Tulsi/Vrinda”, as her husband , was a Brahmin – then the “whore cursed Vishnu” to be “born as Rama” and have “his wife raped by Ravana” – all “due to the impotentica of 1 Brahmin”
    What did the Aswins say before they raped the Brahmin Sukanya
    Mahabharata 3.123
    “O divinely beautiful damsel, do thou, forsaking Chyavana accept one of us for husband. It behoveth thee not to spend thy youth fruitlessly…”
    Ved Vyas ,who wrote the Mahabharata, was the “bastard son”, of Rishi Parashar and Satyawa
    As per the Harivamsa Purana,Sage Vashishtha’s daughter , Shatrupa had sexual relations with Daddy Cool

It is the cosmic wheel of providence as nothing can happen which Allah does not will

• The Genocide in Kashmir

People talk of ISIS genocide of Yazidis ! Numbered a few thousands ! Islam is an Abrahamic faith ! Deuteronomy allowed sex slaves and their marital conjugation !

(Deuteronomy 21:10-14 NAB)

“When you go out to war against your enemies and the LORD, your God, delivers them into your hand, so that you take captives, if you see a comely woman among the captives and become so enamored of her that you wish to have her as wife,you may take her home to your house. But before she may live there, she must shave her head and pare her nails and lay aside her captive’s garb. After she has mourned her father and mother for a full month, you may have relations with her,and you shall be her husband and she shall be your wife. However, if later on you lose your liking for her, you shall give her her freedom, if she wishes it; but you shall not sell her or enslave her, since she was married to you under compulsion.”
    (Numbers 31:15-18)

And Moses said unto them, Have ye saved all the women alive? … Now therefore “kill every male” among the “little ones”, and “kill every woman”, that “hath known man”, by lying with him.
    But all the women children, that “have not known a man”, by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves.

But the Hindoos butchered millions of Buddhists from the 3 century BC to 6 th century AD and then again millions of Muslims in 1947 ! The Indian PM himself killed 1000s of Muslims in Godhra ! The Hindoos wiped out the entire Buddhist religion from Kabul to Cape Comrim.

Genocide comes naturally to the Hindoo ! The verses quoted by ISIS are mostly in the Hadeeths ! But the Hindoo version of ISIS is far more sophisticated and detailed in abhorrent minutae – in the SCRIPTURE (akin to the Quran). It is a duty of the Hindoo to carry out genocide and the white man is easily fooled by the supine,servile,menial,heathen and perfidious culture,mannerisms and sophisry of the Hindoo !

I present the rationalisation and justification of genocide bry the Hindoos !

ISIS has a natural bond with Hindoos ! The conceot of Shariat is all inspired from the Hindoo Scriptures

https://dindooohindoo.page.tl/Dindooo-Vedas-%26-ISIS.htm

Sample 1 – Death to those that reject Vedas

This deceptive vision shall wholly beguile the Daityas,so that, being led astray from the path of the Vedas, they “may be put to death”; for all gods, demons, or others, who shall be ” opposed to the authority of the Veda,shall perish by my might”, whilst exercised for the preservation of the world. .Vishnu Purana 3:17

Sample 2 – Killing Atheists and Kaffirs

Rig Veda 1:174:8 These thine old deeds new bards have sung, O Indra. Thou conqueredst, boundest many tribes for ever.Like castles thou hast “crushed the godless races”, and bowed the godless scorner’s deadly weapon.
    Rig Veda 3:24:1. AGNI, subdue opposing bands, and drive our enemies away.Invincible,”slay godless foes” give splendour to the worshipper.
    Atharva Veda 11:2:23 Homage be paid him with ten Sakvari verses who stands established in the air’s mid-region, “slaying non-sacrificing God-despisers”!
    Rig Veda 6:25:9 So urge our hosts together in the combats: “yield up the godless bands”, that fight against us.