Lebaneat In to Help Out: veggie style

Since locking down outside Durham I’ve realised there are a couple of things I’m really missing but only one thing I need: a Lebaneat wrap.

As a vegetarian, a halloumi and falafel wrap from Lebaneat was always a Sunday night takeaway choice. I decided that it had been too long without my one true love so I’ve come up with a recipe for it. Of course, no Lebaneat meal is complete without half-and-half rice and chips. Both of these are really easy to put together and I have to say that it tastes just like the real deal. Although, I can’t wait to be back in Durham and devour a real Lebaneat wrap on the cathedral green with my friends.

Wrap (serves 4)

Ingredients

• 4 wraps
  • 12 falafels
  • 1 block of halloumi
  • Lettuce
  • 2 tomatoes
  • Dry parsley to taste
  • Garlic mayo (you can buy or make this)
  1. Garlic mayo is easy to make – get the amount of mayo you want and add some garlic salt to taste and voila! You have the perfect sauce to get started with your wrap.
  2. Lightly toast your falafel in a pan with a little bit of oil.
  3. Drain the halloumi. Slice it and toast in the pan until it has melted. Keep the pan on the heat as you’ll need it to toast your wrap.
  4. Slice your lettuce and tomato and season in a bit of parsley and olive oil.
  5. Assemble your wrap. Spread a layer of garlic mayo on your wrap and put 3 falafel in the middle of the wrap. Add the salad to your taste between layers of halloumi.
  6. Warm your wrap by putting it in the oven or lightly toasting in the pre-heated pan from earlier.
  7. Serve with rice and/or chips to your taste.

Rice (serves 4)

Ingredients

• 1 ½ cups rice
  • 2 vermicelli noodle nests
  • 3 tbsp olive oil
  • Salt
  • 3 cups water
  1. Rinse your rice and then leave to rest in water for 15 minutes.
  2. Whilst this happens, break up the vermicelli nests into small pieces. Add the olive oil to a pan on medium-high heat. When this has heated up, add the vermicelli. Cook until golden.
  3. Now put your rice into the vermicelli pan so it gets coated in olive oil.
  4. Add the water and bring to a boil. Turn down the heat and cover.
  5. Cook for 15 minutes. Once fully cooked, turn off the heat and leave to rest for 15 minutes before serving.
  6. Fluff with a fork and serve.

For the chips, either get chip-shop chips or oven-cook chips and then add the magic ingredients of garlic salt and paprika in equal quantities to get the truly Lebaneat feel.

Featured image via Pixabay