In-person teaching now permitted, but exams remain online

With in-person teaching now allowed from Monday 17th May, the University has today confirmed arrangements for the rest of Easter Term.

Academic departments will contact students today to confirm specific arrangements from the 17th, but all exams for this period remain online as originally planned.

Students returning to Durham are strongly advised to take a test before travelling, as well as Lateral Flow Tests (LFT) on their day of arrival and then three days apart after that. These should be booked before travelling to Durham.

Anyone choosing not to take LFTs on arrival is strongly advised to minimise social contact for 10 days from arrival.

Anyone travelling to the UK from abroad must quarantine for 10 days, either in their place of residence or a hotel. For countries on the Government’s ‘red list’ of banned travel, only people who are British, Irish, or have the right to live in the UK can enter the UK.

Students arriving from outside the UK living in college accommodation should contact their college in advance so that services can be provided to students quarantining. Those living out should arrange for food to be delivered.

Students should take two LFTs per week, which allows participation in in-person “Wider Student Experience” events.