Grey College JCR President resigns due to ‘personal reasons’

Editor

Grey College JCR President, Henry Folds, has resigned from his role due to ‘personal reasons’.

An email was sent to all Grey students by Tom Allen, Master of Grey College on Tuesday evening.

In the email, he said: “On behalf of the JCR board of trustees, Mr Parik Chandra, the chair of the board, has let me know that: On February 1st, JCR President Henry Folds tendered his resignation for personal reasons to the Chairman of the board of trustees.

“It has been accepted and we would like to wish Henry all the best in his future endeavours. Izaak Beck, as Vice President, will continue to serve as Acting President.”

Folds, who had been in the paid sabbatical role since the beginning of the academic year, made a to Palatinate after his resignation was announced.

He said: “Following a long period of reflection, I have taken the decision to resign from the role of JCR president due to personal reasons.

“I’d like to thank Grey JCR for electing me to the position and making my time in office so rewarding and enjoyable.

“I’m sad to be stepping down, but I wish all members of the JCR the very best in their studies and beyond, I know they’ll all go very far.”

Henry Folds, former Grey College JCR President

Vice President Izaak Beck, who is serving as Acting President, told Palatinate: “I’m working with the rest of the Grey JCR Executive, College staff and our students to make the Grey student experience the best possible.”

Campaigning for the Grey JCR President for the academic year 2019-2020 began on Tuesday 5th February. Voting will take place during Sunday’s JCR meeting.

Photograph: Maddie Flisher