Durham University to open additional study spaces on campus during Easter term

Durham University have recently announced that they will be providing students with access to additional rooms across the campus to use as study spaces during the Easter term.

This comes after the University has acknowledged that “Easter term is a busy period for studying and exams”, with many students utilising the campus facilities for revision and exam preparation. Therefore, the Bill Bryson Library and other study spaces are expected to be at their busiest due to the upcoming exam period.

The Bill Bryson Library and other study spaces are expected to be at their busiest due to the upcoming exam period

With an aim to support students finding study spaces throughout their exams, the University have arranged for additional rooms to be utilised in the Confluence Building, Elvet Riverside, Geography Building, Mathematical Sciences and Computer Science Building and Palace Green Library as quiet study spaces.

Locations and capacity for all rooms can be found in the table below.

The University have stated that most rooms are only available during the exam periods, and they may be suitable spaces to use when sitting an online exam.

BuildingOpening Times Dates Available Room NumberCapacity
Confluence BuildingMonday-Friday
8:30am-6pm
(Closed bank holidays)
24 April- 2 June

24 April-5 May

9 May- 2 June

CB 0021
CB 0028

CB 0014
CB 0016
CB 0025

CB 0020
CB 0026
CB 0027

28
28

16
16
25

28
25
27
Elvet RiversideMonday-Friday
8:30am-6pm
(Closed bank holidays)
9 May- 2 JuneD/ER145
D/ER147
62
42
Geography BuildingMonday-Friday
8:30am-6pm
(Closed bank holidays)
9 May- 2 JuneD/W215
D/W414
24
38
Mathematical Sciences and Computer Science BuildingMonday-Friday
8:30am-6pm
(Closed bank holidays)
25 April- 24 MayD/MCS 3097

D/MCS 3098
40 (Computer Room

40 (Computer Room)
Palace Green LibraryMonday-Sunday
10am-5pm
(Open bank holidays)
25 April- 24 MayWolfson Room
(Upstairs)
22

With an aim to support students in finding study spaces throughout their exams, the University have arranged for additional rooms to be utilised as quiet study spaces across the campus

The University have asked students to be aware of the strict no food rule in place in the Wolfson Room in Palace Green Library. This is due to conservation reasons, with only still, bottled water allowed within this space. It has also been stated that most of the desks within these additional rooms do not have power to them, and the University Wi-Fi network will be available within the buildings.

Image: Grace Shih-Chia Tseng via Flickr

9 thoughts on “Durham University to open additional study spaces on campus during Easter term

• In general, I support compliance with the rules. The main thing is to have a pleasant time. In order to better organize my time and have more freedom, I use a quality resource https://www.nursingpaper.com/testimonials/ To get more useful information, visit the site.

• Greetings! I just had to share my heartfelt appreciation for the essay writing cheap service I discovered recently. It’s been a real game-changer for me! As a struggling student, finding such affordable assistance without compromising on quality has been a blessing. The stress and anxiety I used to feel over deadlines have significantly reduced. I can now focus on understanding the subjects better and enjoy a more balanced life. If you’re in a similar situation, do give it a try! You won’t regret it.

• This post on Palatinate about Durham University opening additional study spaces on campus during Easter term is great news! It’s wonderful to see the university taking steps to provide more study resources for students during a crucial time in the academic calendar. The initiative will undoubtedly benefit many learners and help create a conducive learning environment.

After reading this post, I also came across an article discussing the 5 best online therapy services it’s a reminder that while we focus on academic growth and progress, it’s equally important to prioritize our mental well-being.

Both the post about Durham University’s additional study spaces and the article about online therapy highlight the significance of supporting students’ holistic development – academically and emotionally.

• https://protravelfare.com/
    Once you take care of your travel arrangements, you can also look through all the accommodation options available. Make sure that you go through all the reviews of the various properties listed online so that you can have a pleasant stay.

• https://usbestmattress.com/
    Purchasing a mattress online has become increasingly popular, and for good reason. The convenience of being able to research, compare and order a mattress from the comfort of your home cannot be overstated.

• https://webhostingguider.com/
    There are different types of web hosting services that cater to the varying types of businesses. Some web hosting companies will build your entire website, while others will just give you the plot of land and the shovel and leave you to it.