Durham University Ranked in Top 25 of most international universities

Durham University ranks as the 25th most international university in the world, according to the Times Higher Education’s yearly ranking for 2021.

The table is compiled by using each university’s international student score, international staff score, international co-authorship score, and international reputation metrics collated for the Times Higher Education World University

According to the Times Higher Education website “These institutions will have a high proportion of international students and staff, collaborate on research with scholars from across the world, and have a strong global reputation to match.”

These institutions will have a high proportion of international students and staff, collaborate on research with scholars from across the world, and have a strong global reputation to match.

Times higher Education

Research suggests that diverse communities of students improve the teaching and learning experience, while opportunities for students to spend time abroad better prepare them to become global citizens. Durham University boasts students from over 130 countries, with around 21% of the student body being of non-UK origin. 

The University also has academics working on a number of collaborative research projects including work with academics in Nepal and Indonesia to help crisis preparation, pollution planning, and to facilitate safer cross-border trading.  Durham has also been ranked in the Top 50 the Times’ Impact 2020 for its contribution to four of the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals.

Durham ranked Top 50 in the world in THE’s Impact 2020 for its contribution to four of the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), and in the world Top 100 for a further seven SDGs.

Overall the countries that ranked highest for international universities were Switzerland, Hong Kong, Singapore, and the UK. Although Durham has climbed five places since last year, the University still ranks below the University of Oxford, Imperial College London, University of Cambridge, Trinity College Dublin, UCL, King’s College London, LSE, Edinburgh, Warwick, and Manchester University.

https://www.dunelm.org.uk/donations/palatinate